As you probably know Carbine team is testing out the upcoming content drop Strain on a new Public Test Realm (PTR) Nexus. The Public Test Server can be accessed through the WildStarPTR download http://wildstar.patcher.ncsoft.com/PTR/WildStarPTR.exe under the following circumstances:
- As long as you have an Active WildStar subscription (NA or EU) you will be able to access the PTR.
- “Boost” NPC’s will be available in PTR Nexus that will level you up and give you gear.
- “Boost” NPC’s will only be available for players who have earned a level 50 on a Live Realm before 6/12.
- PTR will be up and available 24/7, similar to any other Realm, for the remainder of the time that Drop #1 Strain needs to be tested.
- Character wipes may be needed on the PTR from time to time and your progress on this Realm may be lost!
- In-game localization of Drop 1 will not be ready for Day 1 of PTR, but Carbine team works to make it available in a future update.
- Additional discussions and bug reports related to Nexus Public Test Realm are set up on the official forums under Public Test Realm topics.
The latest WildStar Build 6745 available from June 20th, 2014, comes with a ~ 200 MB patch. Patch notes are included below:
General Update: 21.6.2014.
- The server now enforces the 5 seconds you have to wait before you can resurrect. No zombies allowed!
- Fixed an issue that prevented the Advanced and Expert Riding Licenses from being granted properly to some players with the Advanced or Expert Riding Skill.
- “The Emissary” quest in Whitevale has been changed to stop players from getting stuck at various points while doing it. Anyone who was in a stuck state should now also be fixed.
- The Stained Glass Window housing decor item, crafted by Architects, no longer sells to the vendor for Elder Gems.
Get ready for WildStar’s first post-launch monthly update named Strain. This new update will bring hours and hours of content distributed through two new zones Blighthaven and Northern Wastes. Players will face new creatures with new attacks, new quest mechanics like the ring challenge, new gear, and new housing items.
Take a look at a brand new WildStar Flick: Strain »
While adventuring through Celestion, players will come across 13 rare mobs. After defeating all rares, you will complete achievement “I like it rare: Celestion” listed under Achievement » Kill » Celestion. In the table below, you’ll find the list of all rare mobs available in Celestion zone, their spawn locations, and possible loot.
The latest WildStar build #6731 is available from June 13th, 2014, comes with a ~ 400 MB patch. Patch notes are included below:
- Items in a guild bank will properly transfer when a new guild leader is promoted.
- Added a way to filter guild invites. This can be turned on from the Interface Options menu or the invites themselves. The filter blocks invites from players who are not in your friends list or share a guild/circle/arena team/warparty with you.[/size]
- A new report spam feature has been implemented for the Mail system. This functions similar to the right click report feature in chat, and players will be able to smite those pesky gold spammers via this system. Buhbye spammers!
- Clarified the realm transfer error messaging if a Player Character is the leader of a guild or a Warparty.
- Fixed a crash that could occur during the shutdown of one instance of an instanced world.
- Fixed a user server crash that sometime occur when a guild is disbanded.
- Fixed a world crash related to realm transfers and character deletions.
- Fixed an issue that could cause players to be charged multiple times when buying the Advanced or Expert Riding Skills.
- Fixed certain issues pertaining to settlement reputations improperly reading parent faction (“The Exiles” or “The Dominion”) reputation values.
- Lower-case j spacing has been fixed. LOOK UPON MY LOWERCASE J AND DESPAIR!
- Subtitles on cinematics will now use word wrap.
- There is now a new marker for when an item is not multi-redeemable, which basically means you can only use it once.
- We will no longer display your IP Address when you are disconnected for some reason. Sorry streamers!
Welcome to level 50, cupcake. Leveling guides 1-50 are behind us, but the question is: what now? The answers are given in our comprehensive guide that covers activities and new or redesigned current features available for both PvE and PvP endgame content. So, lets start.
The most noticeable change will appear on your experience bar, where you stop earning experience point. But, you start earning Elder points for every task and kill that would award you with experience points. For every 75k Elder Points you get 1 Elder Gem, used to purchase various items and unlocks at the Elder Gem vendor in Illium / Thayd. Weekly cap is 140 elder gems or 10.5 million Elder Points.
Illium Map with vendor locations
Thayd map with vendor locations
According to Telliks, Carbine Studios Staff, Path Gear Vendors are coming soon in Thayd and Illium. Many WildStar players reported that they accidentally sold Path gear, and Carbine team decided to add some vendors in capital cities for both Exiles and Dominions that will sell lowbie Path gear for all adventurers. These new vendors will be added in during a future hotfix maintenance. unrevealed