Several days ago the first major content update for Wildstar has been made available to players. Affectionately called the Strain update it updates the game build to 220.127.116.1160. We have two new zones to play with and earn Elder Gems in. Enormous amount of fixes and adjustments have been made as well and you can read about it all in the patch notes we posted a few days ago.
What we wanted you to know is that we updated Wildstar Life with information from the latest Live client build. Our Wildstar item database now has new items from this patch (166 items have been added in comparison to older client build and an unknown number has been updated). Fact is that many items needed for the Strain update have been present in previous client builds so there was no need to add an enormous number of items when the patch dropped, but all of that data has been polished for the launch of this update. There are new housing decor items and costumes available, but we’ll discuss those in another article.
New quests have been added due to new zones being introduced. You can now see all quests available in the new zone Blighthaven, and we added screenshot walkthroughs for most of them. Same goes for Northern Wastes and its quests.
Last, but not least, we have updated our Action Set Builder with the latest patch data. Both amp and skill tooltips have been updated. We did not disable old builds this time, so they are all still available, but you might want to update them due to some of the balance changes.
Datacube, Journal and Tale maps didn’t need an update because most of the data was already present previously. You should check out our Blighthaven Datacubes, Journals and Tales Locations page, which contains a map and screenshot guides for locations of all collectibles in the new Blighthaven zone.
We hope you enjoy the new content introduced with this patch and that our guides and maps will help you along the way.
The latest WildStar’s Patch notes show off the changes available after the first Ultra Drop – Strain, on July 1st, 2014. Patch notes are included below:
- Blighthaven – Hello level 50 players, and welcome to Blighthaven!
The door to further adventure and excitement has been kicked the !@#$ down. Shimmering, golden death? It lurks around every corner. The water? It can eat your mind! Discover the origins of Drusera, and collect mountains of Elder Gems—that is, if you’re up to the challenge!
As you probably know Carbine team is testing out the upcoming content drop Strain on a new Public Test Realm (PTR) Nexus. The Public Test Server can be accessed through the WildStarPTR download http://wildstar.patcher.ncsoft.com/PTR/WildStarPTR.exe under the following circumstances:
- As long as you have an Active WildStar subscription (NA or EU) you will be able to access the PTR.
- “Boost” NPC’s will be available in PTR Nexus that will level you up and give you gear.
- “Boost” NPC’s will only be available for players who have earned a level 50 on a Live Realm before 6/12.
- PTR will be up and available 24/7, similar to any other Realm, for the remainder of the time that Drop #1 Strain needs to be tested.
- Character wipes may be needed on the PTR from time to time and your progress on this Realm may be lost!
- In-game localization of Drop 1 will not be ready for Day 1 of PTR, but Carbine team works to make it available in a future update.
- Additional discussions and bug reports related to Nexus Public Test Realm are set up on the official forums under Public Test Realm topics.
Get ready for WildStar’s first post-launch monthly update named Strain. This new update will bring hours and hours of content distributed through two new zones Blighthaven and Northern Wastes. Players will face new creatures with new attacks, new quest mechanics like the ring challenge, new gear, and new housing items.
Take a look at a brand new WildStar Flick: Strain »