Pax East 2014 show floor is closed for the day, and a bunch of exclusive information have been unveiled through different panels at WildStar Booth #562. For all of you who didn’t have a chance to see the latest Warplots trailer, take a look at the video below and you’ll realize why WarPlots are one of the most anticipating PvP features.
WildStar Bonus Beta Weekend starts on Friday 28th March, at 7:00am PDT, and lasts until Sunday night. During this event the level cap will be increased from 17 to 20.
This is our way of gathering the feedback we cherish and saying thank you to all of our loyal testers. Which is why we would love it if you logged in this weekend, enjoyed the extra 3 levels and the bonus game time because it will greatly help us be that much more prepared come launch day June 3rd.
Today, WildStar subreddit hosted WildStar PvP AMA, where PvP team answered questions about Arenas & Battlegrounds. CRB_Bardic – Jen Gordy, PvP Systems Lead, CRB_KevinLee – Kevin Lee, PvP Systems Designer, and CRB_JTal – Jeff Tallon, Itemization Designer, shared additional information about Battleground and Arena design, maps, philosophies, ratings, and PvP progression. We’ve summarized some of the most interesting answers, just in case you missed anything.
How do you intend to address the problem of very large/wide AoE telegraphs which deal high damage being naturally strong in PvP, without gimping the classes which use them in PvE, where the size of the telegraph isn’t really a big deal?
We have been introducing line of sight blocking structures to help you break up some of these massive fights. The new props added into Walatiki and Halls are to address this. Much of this comes down to map design when you have this type of combat system. We’re taking a lot of our learning with us for future game types.
According to J-Tal, Carbine Studios Staff, implementation of the next WildStar major patch is completed and all fans can expect huge itemization changes and updates. This is an abridged version of the upcoming itemization changes, and more in depth explanation of the exact changes will be available in the patch notes when this patch goes live.
Assorted Itemization Updates:
- Fixed several Elder Gem vendor items that cost Gold instead of Elder Gems.
- Level 50 Veteran quality Rare and Epic gear on the Elder Gem vendor now all have the correct purchase requirements. Rare quality rewards now require the achievement for killing the final boss in the Veteran dungeons. Epic quality rewards now require the achievement for getting a Gold Medal in the Veteran dungeons and adventures. The exact requirement varies from item to item.
- Grimvault Path Zone Episode Completion rewards are now all Bind on Acquire.
- Seeds have been removed from the Chest of Crafting Components rewards on Challenges.
- Assault Power and Support Power now give more stat per budget point.
The latest WildStar DevSpeak focuses on Arenas and Battlegrounds and finally reveals additional information about PvP features. The interesting thing is that both features have much in common:
- They can be played in either open or rated mode.
- They both reward you with PvP vendor currency known as Prestige.
- In open PvP world after being ganked, you respawn with 30 seconds of PvP invulnerability, unless you attack someone
- Rated matches give you rating-specific rewards and allow ELO matchmaking (ELO is a measure of your strength calculated from your performance in rated PvP. ).
- Levels and gear stats are normalized, in this way balanced matches will let you focus on crucial things in PvP like avoiding telegraphs and fast reacting.
As you probably know, between pre-order going live and launch, WildStar fans will be able to participate in four beta weekends. While everyone else will be required to obtain a key to participate in the beta weekend, players who pre-order the game will have immediate access to each event, and today, is your first chance to land on the planet Nexus! This event lasts from Friday, March 21st, 7:00AM PDT through Sunday, March 23rd, 11:59PM PDT.
Before you jump in the game, don’t forget some tips shared by developers:
- If closed beta participants reached 32+ you will not require a Pre-Order key. Otherwise, yes you need a pre-order or weekend key.
- The Alizar Realm will be down for approx 60 minutes. New characters created with old character names will be renamed “OldName”Alizar.
- If you are seeing “No Realm Available” and did not reach level 32+ in beta, please check you have applied your Pre-order/Weekend Beta key.
- We recommend everyone to use the en-US, we will have a localised client for FR & DE at a later date.
- Make sure you are using your NC account email address as your username.
- Select the North America region on the game launcher as beta weekends will be on NA servers.
- If you have just logged in and are seeing a queue, don’t wait! Use the Realm Select at the top of the Character Selection screen!
- If you cannot see your previous characters, make sure to change Realm to the one you used previously
- I’m getting a “No Data Center Permissions” error, what does that mean?
That error means you’re attempting to connect to a region that is not yet active. For the current phase of beta, you should be connecting to the North America region, regardless of where you are currently living.
See you on planet Nexus!
You drop down NDA, you get beautiful user created content from your game all over the internet. That’s just the case with these awesome panoramas taken from WildStar, which were captured and posted by Reddit user “The_Evil_Potatoe“.
The screenshots were made in Wilderrun and Whitevale zones of the planet Nexus, and these panoramas really do highlight in the best manner this amazing world.
Click here to check take a look