The latest WildStar DevSpeak focuses on Arenas and Battlegrounds and finally reveals additional information about PvP features. The interesting thing is that both features have much in common:
- They can be played in either open or rated mode.
- They both reward you with PvP vendor currency known as Prestige.
- In open PvP world after being ganked, you respawn with 30 seconds of PvP invulnerability, unless you attack someone
- Rated matches give you rating-specific rewards and allow ELO matchmaking (ELO is a measure of your strength calculated from your performance in rated PvP. ).
- Levels and gear stats are normalized, in this way balanced matches will let you focus on crucial things in PvP like avoiding telegraphs and fast reacting.