Carbine Studio revealed a brand new launch trailer about the past of planet Nexus, with a preview what WildStar fans can expect in this mysterious world. Enjoy!
During the yesterday’s Nexus report and some interviews after Nordic Game event numerous post launch questions popped up, and we decided to make a summary and give you a brief report about what you can expect once the game launches.
- Monthly updates – over 200 people are working on post launch content, and another team is working on the live game.
- Monthly game updates can be described as combination of different content styles. One month it will be a new zone with casual zone content and quests, another month might be PvP month, and the next one might be dungeon month.
- Guild Player housing it’s currently in development
- There will be something similar to Google Authenticator for launch, but there will be no physical devices.
- Head start has a weird time because it will be timezone neutral as much as possible.
- Servers will be pretty large, much larger than those we used to see in other games, but smaller than a megaserver. It will be busy, healthy servers with enough space for everyone.
- If a server crashes, 95% of the time they don’t need human interaction to come back up. They’re built to do it themselves very quickly.
- Probably no server statistics pages for a while, but they would like to do them eventually.
- Game Surveillance Unit will be using active and passive spam/bot detection for Cheat detection logs called JRK logs.
- About Multiboxing: if you’re doing it yourself without the use of 3rd party programs/bots/macros, it’s allowed. One keypress for multiple characters is not allowed.
- No set downtime for maintenance (i.e. weekly etc). Prefer to deploy patches on Thursday or Tuesday. Probably higher concentration of patches during launch month.
- Raids reset 10AM UTC Tuesday.
- They have the tech for realm transfers, but they don’t know when they’ll be available.
- Preorder keys have a grace period after head start of three days (ends June 5th 23:59) to enter full game key if you’re getting a physical copy.
While we are waiting for WildStar launch, Carbine team prepared a new trailer for all peaceful quester and furious PvP arenas master. Enjoy!